Safety measures relating to COVID-19
In order to meet COVID-19 distancing and tracing requirements we will be implementing the following measures over the 2020-2021 season at Maitland Triathlon Club.
Do not attend if:
- If you are feeling unwell, or have symptoms such as a scratchy throat, running nose
- If you have been to a known hotspot or overseas lately and have not had a negative test returned
- If you have been COVID-19 tested and are waiting on test results, or have had a positive test result
Event changes and requirements:
- Wash hands with supplied sanitiser on arrival and after racing, plus any other appropriate times such as after using toilet facilites
- COVID-Safe check-ins for all entrant or spectating adults using Service NSW mobile app or QR code
- Spectators are discouraged, aside from carers with participants’ children or a parent/guardian of junior participants
- Increased transition area to allow for 1.5m spacing between each partipant (you must place your bike where indicated by marks/tape on the bars
- Modified entry and exit points to keep with distancing requirements
- Modified start times to limit the number of people in the transition area
- Bring your own water bottle(s), to be placed on tables for mid-run refreshment
- There will be no recovery tent with food after the race
- When you have finished your race, please don’t congregate – you’ll need to socialise elsewhere after the race
- There will be COVID-19 marshalls on duty, you are required to follow their directions
- Ankle RFID bands will be placed in disinfectant after the race and hung out to dry
- Note your assigned race number prior to attending and collect your own Ankle RFID band with matching number
- Surfaces to be sanitised prior to pack-up
Setup for races will take longer than usual and therefore crew will need to be present by 5:30am on race day to prepare for our club meets.
Please assume that we are being audited for COVID-19 safety measures at all times. Actual or perceived breaches in these safety protocols will put our entire season at risk with authorities.